May 05, 2009

A Love Story

I am in the process of reading my friend & fellow blogger's story about how she met her husband (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4). This got me in the mood to write about how Nat & I met, and the trials that I/we go through to be excepted by one another's family (believe me, I am still going through this trial, but Nat has finished it and is basking in the sun). I was working @ TJ Maxx, and going to the local community college (mind you, I was only 18)... I had my eye on someone else that I was working with, so when Nat started working there, I didn't really notice him. When closing the store, Nat & I would talk about everything and nothing while cleaning up the same zone. I found him easy to talk to and friendly. We became quick friends. As the next few months went on, nothing was growing, except our friendship, which was fine with me. Then, one day, I was thinking... (I know, a very bad thing for me to do). I can talk to this person very easily... hey, he's cute, nice, well mannered, and not like any other boy/young man I've ever met before... Now, I was not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at that time. Although, I was looking for a church to where I belong, to fit in. (a little history on me) My maternal grandmother was LDS, and my paternal grandmother was Methodist. My parents weren't/aren't very religious at all (hey, don't knock them, that is their choice, please think of them in a good manner, don't look down on them, this was their choice). Growing up, I had attended church w/my paternal grandma, but never felt comfortable. I never attended w/my maternal grandma (to this day I don't know why she never took us). Jumping forward to my high school years... I would attend church & Family Home Evening every once in a while with a friend down the street... can you guess what church her and her family belonged to? (fast forward to the present)-- well, now, technically the past, but the present of the story As Nat & I continue talking and getting to know one another as friends, I ask him out on a date. He politely turns me down, saying he has a girlfriend. I am ok with that... A few days later, he's not scheduled to work, but I had to close. After finishing, we (my co-workers & I) were all waiting by the door to be let out, when one of my co-workers finds a note on the ground addressed to me, hands it to me, and I read it. It is from Nat, asking if we can get together & talk sometime (he was waiting outside as I got off of work). We talked in the parking lot for about a half hour. We found out that we were both taking classes @ the same time, and made plans to 'meet' once our class was done... Tune in for the next part, oh yeah, grab some popcorn too...

3 comments:

N & H said...

Testing

Debbie T said...

Just checking to see if this really works now. :=) Loved this story too!

Anonymous said...

WOW GIRL!!!!
thanks for the linky love :)
and i love your story...and i can't wait for the next chapter!!!!