July 16, 2011

Goats & Goats

Living on the green belt is AWESOME, most of the time.  I love the feel of living out in the country, while living in the city.  Since the green belt is a nature refuge, the weeds get a little out of hand, and don't even get me started on the ticks... oh those pesky little things.

Well, the city had an great idea, they farmed out the green belts to a local goat farmer.  While over at a friends house yesterday swimming (they live on the other half of our green belt behind us), I saw many goats go running by behind their property.

I like seeing this rather than hearing the lawn mowers (and the allergies that arise from them).  I can't wait until they are brought over to our area.  They are fenced in and have guard/herd dogs with them.  The goats seemed like they had gone to heaven.

1 comment:

Caren with a "C" said...

Funny, I've seen goats used a lot lately for clearing roadside fields instead of lawn mowers and tractors in the Bay Area. I do have to agree it is more earth friendly. Best wishes! Caren with a "C" www.preservinghomebasics.com