October 02, 2008

My Most Asked For Recipe

The guys at Nat's office just love it when I pamper them, especially when it is STEAMING HOT, right from the oven to the counter at the office.
I can't even keep it long enough in the house to get stale. It is literally gone in just the matter of hours!
Banana Bread
4 ripe bananas
4 eggs
1 c shortening (butter may be used)
4 c flour
2 c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
poppy seeds (to taste)
nuts are optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans. Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
Pour into loaf pans and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes (do toothpick test after an hour).

4 comments:

*MARY* said...

thanks for sharing, my kids love banana bread, I've never made anything with poppy seeds though, I'll have to give it a try.

N & H said...

Mary--
Be carefull with the poppyseeds. If you end up having to take a drug test, it will come up as a certain type of drug. That is, if you use a lot of them. Not that you would ever have cause to get a drug test.

Anonymous said...

that looks so delicious!!!! i swear i can SMELL it!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I love making banana bread. The addition of pineapple sounds so yummy.....I'm going to give it a try!