February 13, 2010

How Many is Tooo Many?

That is the question of the day...

While we were out this morning running errands, we went to one of my favorite stores... our local  Hospice store.  I always make it a point to go in there to see what they have when we are on that side of town.  Well, as we walked in the door, we saw this HUGE sign saying that everything in the store was 1/2 off.  My eyes went from brown to GREEN dollar signs.  I love sales, especially at second hand stores. 

So, anyways... we have been using plastic bowls and plates since the kids were very young.  I have had it about up to my eyeballs, I am so done with using plastic.  We do have a dish set that is ceramic and black, which I love, but they are my 'good' dishes and don't want to use them, 'cause I have a fear of them breaking (as I can't replace them, and I can't stand having miss-matched anything and odd numbers).  Well, I found a set at the Hospice... not all pieces are there (just short of a a complete set), but hey, they are 1/2 off, no biggy.  Now, I just need to donate all the plastic ones to a well deserving family.

Now, not only will I have these beauty's with the fruit theme,

I also these,  my 'good company' black ones,

 and this flowered set from my grandmother. I remember eating off these plates when visiting my grandparents.

I have come to realize that I need to let go of some of my OCD and that it is OK, to be unique and have an eclectic style, and have WAY to many dishes.  But, some of my kids are like me... a klutz, all thumbs, so I need lots of them.  I like variety and I am pretty sure that I won't be getting bored looking at and using the same set of dishes over and over and over again.

No comments: