October 12, 2010

What on Earth?

 picture taken from here

How can confuse myself even more? 

This is October, right? 

I thought so. 

I find it strange that in the middle of October, I am in the process of decorating my house for Halloween and Fall, not even wanting to think about the other holidays coming up, BUT, here I am...

Making Christmas presents (a holiday that I don't even buy/pull the decorations out till the 1st of December).  But, so I am not rushing, and I mean RUSHING, to get all the homemade (read, knitting, crocheting, sewing, etc) that need to get done by Christmas, I must start now. 

Why do I HAVE to start now, you ask?

Well, one simple, little thing called... SLEEP. 

Yes, you read that right.  I am a very grouchy person if I don't get at least 8 hours of sleep, so I must start on the present/gift making now, so I don't have to pull ALL NIGHTERS as the deadline approaches.  You see, I have pulled the horrid ALL NIGHTERS in the past and my poor, supportive, loving family have to endure a very irritable cranky wife and mother... which is not so good.

You see, I feel like making all the gifts for loved ones comes more from the heart, than a store bought one (this is just my opinion of course).  As I make a gift, I am thinking fondly of the person/family that I am making it for, so, literally, the gifts are from the heart and made with love.

I also love to see how my children have come to love making things for their Cousins, Aunts, and Uncles as well.  I am very happy that they are giving from the heart as well.

Now, all this gift/present making, you would think that I would show some of the works... well, why on earth would I do such a thing, especially if it will ruin the surprise?  I promise, I will post pictures after the holidays are over.

I know, you are crushed, but, I can't spoil the surprise for those who are the recipients of such gifts, now can I?
picture taken from here

No comments: