January 15, 2009

Choices, Choices, Always Choices!

Picture from http://www.wpclipart.com/
I am one who doesn't like to use chemicals in or out of the house to clean, so, I use all natural cleaning porducts. Needless to say, since switching over (its been about a year now), the kids, Nat & I haven't been sick as often as we used too (I also contribute that to homeschooling as well).
Anyway, to the point of this post...
I am in a CLEANING mood. I am starting off with the living room. I dusted, and washed all windows, and pictures. Now, I need to polish my furniture, but after scouring my cleaning supplies, I come to find that I have no furniture polish. So, I get onto my classroom (the computer, what else). Have I told you how MUCH I LOVE the Internet? All I did was type in 'homemade furniture polish', and a bunch of links came up.
Here are just a few: EHow, DIY, TipNut, Frugal Living, and many many more!
So many to choose from, what to do, what to do? But, I think I will make this one:
Furniture Polish Recipe I (from frugal living) INGREDIENTS: White vinegar Lemon juice PREPARATION: 1. Combine equal parts white vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl or spray bottle. 2. Use a clean cloth to rub a small amount of the polish into your furniture. 3. Wipe dry with another cloth.
.
-or, maybe this one:
.
Homemade Furniture Polish (from EHow)
Step1 Measure out 1/2 a cup of baby oil using a plastic measuring cup. If you don't have any baby oil, olive oil works just as well. Step2 Pour the baby oil into a disposable plastic bowl. A bowl not used for food items is best. Step3 Add a few drops of lemon extract or fresh lemon juice to the bowl of baby oil. Use 3 to 5 drops of lemon extract but you can use more if you like a stronger scent. Step4 Stir the polish mixture with a kitchen spoon until the lemon extract and baby oil mix evenly. Step5 Cover the bowl of homemade furniture polish with plastic kitchen wrap until ready to use. Stir again with a spoon just before using to reactivate. Step6 Use polish by dipping a dry clean polishing cloth into the mixture a little at a time. Gently rub polish mix over wood surfaces to give a clean non-toxic shine that smells fresh. Step7 Store homemade polish covered with other cleaning products in a dry safe place.
All these choices. How is a girl to choose?
.
Update: I did the first one. I might as well disinfect at the same time as polishing the furniture, right?

No comments: