April 08, 2009

On Hiatus

Where the heck have I been? Geez, it's been awhile.
Well, nothing much has been happening here in Stampsland. We've been pretty low key. We did have Charlie's Pinewood Derby a few weeks ago (I will post pics later & give details). Last week, we went to see our homeschool group perform "Annie" the musical, the kids really loved that.
Well, I have been pricing pasta makers for a while now, liking the prices on some, and not likiing the reviews on others, but, I did finally find one... Today, I am embarking on a new adventure. I am making my very own pasta. This is something that I have been wanting to do for awhile now, but couldn't bring myself to do so... well, I jumped and here we are! Nat even made me a pasta drying rack as well. He & the kids are excited about trying some homemade pasta tomorrow night for dinner.
This is my assembly line of handcrank machines... pasta maker & my wheat grinder
Close up of the newest member of our appliance family
Here's my pasta dough, just after resting, and before I start to make our first ever homemade pasta.
This is the pasta drying rack that Nat so lovingly made for me last night, after I promised him some homemade pasta for diner.
And, last, but certainly not least... the finished product of homemade spaghetti.
I would post pics of me making it, but the kids were all over the place and got them blurry. Ya don't believe me, here are a few...

No comments: