May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Charlie

Charlie is now 11 years old!  Where does the time go?  It seems just like yesterday that he was born.  His birthday was actually on the 6th and I am just now getting time to sit down and actually have time to blog about his birthday.

Let me see, as his friend Kimball asked, "Are you short or is Charlie tall?" 
With a chuckle, I responded, "Both."

My once little munchkin is now almost as tall as me (He comes up to the top of my nose, right @ my eyes).  It seems just like yesterday I was bringing home this little bundle of joy (well... not so little, he was a whopping 10 lbs 3 oz when he was born).

 I cannot imagine what my life, our family, would be like without him in it.  He keeps us on our toes and teaches us patience each and every day.  He has had, and still has struggles in life and always seems to endure them without complaint.  Charlie is very kind and loving, and bossy (just like his mom).  He has it hard being the oldest child, that is a bond that only he and I share, I know exactly what that is like.

For his birthday party, he wanted a Pirate theme.  I love planning, prepping, baking, and making of all the little details of his party.  I have so much fun doing them.  I may grumble and get a little impatient, especially as the time clock is running down and the project isn't turning out just how I like, but I would not trade those moments for anything, just to see my beloved son enjoy his celebration with his friends and family.  It has been a couple of years since the kids had birthday parties, and I have forgotten how much I love to plan them.
 
Pirate Hat cake, Pirate Medallions, and a Compass 
Extra Pirate Eyeballs
                                     
Pirate Bones (tasted like roasted marshmallows)

 the pirates found a treasure map and decided to search for the hidden treasure
 the treasure contained, gold nuggets, diamonds, rubies, and amethysts

 
gettin ready to dive into Pirate Hat mountain
                                     
and the crew that Capt. Charlie put together

No comments: