July 28, 2010

UUUGH!

Don't you just love hackers?

That happened to me yesterday!  I went to check my email yesterday morning and found out that it had been hacked into.  The person sent out a mass email to everyone in my contact list saying that I was stranded somewhere in Europe, got mugged of everything - except my passport (ironically), couldn't pay my hotel bill and was leaving the country in just a few short hours and I needed $1,600 wired to me to pay all outstanding bills.

Needless to say, yesterday morning, I painstakingly went through and changed all passwords, got a new email account, deleting the old, and thanked all my friends who called to let me know that I had been hacked into. 

I can say, we have some of the best friends in our lives.  They got the email, called to check on us and to let us know what happened.  We don't know what we would do without them.

On a GOOD note... Nat had two job interviews yesterday.  Both look promising, but now we are playing the waiting game.  We are also continuing our hunt for a job or two, just to be on the safe side.

One of Nat's long-time friend called (shocked to find out about being laid off) yesterday and let him know of an opening coming up soon, so he went to go pick up an application, and ended up having an interview with the manager... which lasted an hour.  The manager had already called on some people who worked w/Nat at one time or another to get some references.  Not bad, especially since Nat hasn't even turned in his application yet.  The manager was even about to call Nat, just as he walked into the store.

We are very thankful for all the prayers still coming our way.  We know that we are in good hands, and that our Heavenly Father will always provide for us.  Like I always have to remind myself, we will never be given anything that we cannot handle.  We have a plan, but that plan is not always the same plan that our dear Heavenly Father has for us.  Please keep the prayers coming.  We are seeing the many blessings from them.

No comments: